The second Elemental Winter Bouldering Comp takes place on Saturday, February 11th from 4-8pm. The comp will be followed by an afterparty / pizza fest at the Coalter Loft. Your competition entry gets you free beer, and then it’s all you can eat pizza for $10.
We’re proud to add a brand-new class to our schedule. Starting February first at 5pm, we’re adding a full class dedicated to learning how to train with kettlebells. Anyone who has trained here long knows that kettlebells are an integral part of almost every workout we do. This class is all about perfecting your form and learning where to add kettlebells to your workout.
Our Kettlebell Fundamentals class is built around teaching how to use kettlebells safely and effectively. Kettlebell training is very popular these days, and with good reason. The benefits of kettlebell programs include:
- Kettlebell training produces strength at the extreme ranges of motion.
- Kettlebell training exposes your weaknesses and corrects imbalances.
- Kettlebell training creates strong, yet flexible joint structures.
- Kettlebells exploit endless exercise variations with just one tool.
- Kettlebell training teaches your body how to absorb force and redirect it.
- Kettlebell training amplifies your power output.
- Kettlebell training teaches your body how to contend with a constantly changing center of gravity.
- Kettlebell training builds powerful forearms and a strong grip.
- Kettlebells improve your cardio-respiratory fitness.
- Kettlebell training allows you to reduce overall training time.
- Kettlebell training bridges the gap between strength and cardio.
- Kettlebell training creates and iron will.
(this list courtesy of Kettlebell Athletics)
Each class will consist of movement preparation, a dynamic warm-up, and instruction on how to do the fundamental kettlebell lifts. The class advances throughout each month, adding more complex and demanding exercises each session.
Starting in March, we’ll add a couple more kettlebell-specific classes to our line-up.